2020-2021 Registration Policies
PAYMENT OF FEES
All outstanding fees and commitments from the previous season must be settled before your 2020-2021 registration will be accepted.
Fees may be paid by Cash, Debit, Cheque, Visa or MasterCard at all in-person registrations.
PLEASE NOTE that beginning this upcoming 2020-2021 season, the Hawks Athletic Club will no longer be processing credit card information manually by giving its members the option of “SCANNING and EMAILING their registration form and credit card information”. If you have the ability to pay by credit card, it is being mandated that online registration combined with the online credit card payment option be made using the Hockey Canada Registry System.
Payment by cheque can be made:
- In full dated immediately; OR
- 50% dated immediately and 50% dated September 1, 2020; OR
- 50% dated September 1, 2020 and 50% dated October 1, 2020.
ONLY 2 POST-DATED CHEQUES WILL BE ACCEPTED!
NSF cheques will result in the full amount of all fees plus a $50 service charge becoming payable immediately (by cash, money order or bank draft only). Your child will not be allowed to participate in any further on-ice activities (games and practices) until all fees and charges have been paid in full.
Any NSF cheque will result in the loss of the privilege of writing further cheques with the Hawks Athletic Club.
MANDATORY BINGO REQUIREMENT
Working one bingo per registration is mandatory for every single category - U7 - Discovery through to U13 (Peewee). Please note that bingo revenue is returned to the registrants through subsidized ice costs, reduced conditioning camp costs, payment of coach courses for Hockey Canada certification, reimbursement of referee fees at the end of the year, purchase of pant shells, jerseys, goalie equipment, etc.
If you want to “opt out” of the bingo, please add $200.00 to your registration fee. The fee of $200.00 to “opt out” of the bingo is only available at the time of registration. If you choose to “opt out” after the season has started the “opt-out fee after your initial registration” will be $300.00.
For those working the bingo, an undated deposit cheque in the amount of $300.00 is required at the time of registration. The deposit cheque can be mailed to “Hawks Athletic Club, 12808 - 134A Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T5L 3W6". When your bingo requirement has been satisfied this cheque will be returned to you. If you no longer have cheques we will require a credit card number together with applicable expiry date, or a $300.00 cash deposit. Please contact the Gaming Director at email@example.com or (780)238-3997 with your credit card number.
Failure to book your mandatory bingo by November 1st, failure to work your bingo on the pre-arranged date, cancelling with anything less than 48 hours’ notice, or in the event your bingo requirement has not been satisfied by the end of the season for any reason whatsoever, will result in your deposit cheque being cashed, or your credit card being charged for the amount of $300.00, or forfeiture of your $300.00 cash deposit.
Players withdrawing from the Hawks Athletic Club may apply for a refund as follows:
- Prior to evaluations - refund of paid fees minus a $50.00 administration fee.
- After evaluations and prior to the first Hockey Edmonton scheduled game or practice (whichever comes first), a refund of fees minus a $100.00 administration/evaluation fee.
- After the first Hockey Edmonton scheduled game or practice (whichever comes first), registration fees are non-refundable other than under exceptional circumstances such as medical illness or injury that prevents further participation in the season (a doctor’s note is required), or relocation out of the City of Edmonton. Refunds will be pro-rated depending upon the percentage of the season completed and all refunds will be subject to a $100.00 administrative fee.
- If the 2020-2021 season is cancelled or cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic, cancellation of the entire season will be refunded in full; if the season is cut short refunds will be prorated.
MANDATORY RESPECT IN SPORT FOR PARENTS COURSE
- The Respect in Sport course is MANDATORY for all families registering within the Hockey Edmonton Program.
- The Respect in Sport Parent Program is an online certification program that MUST be completed by a least one parent or guardian of each player registered in minor hockey in Alberta.
- IMPORTANT: This course MUST be taken prior to any on-ice activities including the first evaluation skate OR the free “Learn to Skate” sessions hosted by the Hawks Athletic Club for our U7-Discovery and U7-Jr. Timbits players in September. If a player shows up for an evaluation skate with the mandatory Respect in Sport Parent Course still outstanding on the player’s Hockey Canada Registry profile, the player will not be allowed on the ice and there will not be a “make-up” evaluation date and time set for this player.
- Since the implementation by Hockey Canada of having to renew the RIS (Respect in Sport) course every 4 years, it is highly recommended to check if your RIS Certification is still valid by visiting the RIS website at: https://hockeyalbertaparent.respectgroupinc.com.
- Registrations are NOT complete until the course has been completed.
- The Respect in Sport Parent Course can be found at:
- If you need extra help, more detailed information on how to log into and complete the course can be found by visiting the Hawks’ website at:
- The cost of the course is $12.60 ($12.00 + $0.60 GST) and is required to be paid online by the parent. Please also be advised that only ONE parent is required to do the course.
- SPECIAL NOTE TO THOSE THAT HAVE COACHED - THE RIS ACTIVITY LEADER COURSE is different than and not a substitute for the RIS PARENT COURSE. All families have to complete the Parent RIS course even if they have the RIS Activity Leader course.