Head Coach & Assistant Coach Registration
Are you interested in Volunteering with the Hawks Athletic Club as a Coach or Assistant Coach this year?
If so, please continue below for registration instructions.
- Registration can be completed ONLINE by clicking on this Hockey Canada website - HAWKS ATHLETIC CLUB REGISTRATION LINK - follow the link then login to your MY SPORDLE ACCOUNT to access the Hawks Athletic Club registration options (go to top right-hand side of page and click on "Login" in small blue letters).
- If you have registered online in years' past, the user name and password you created for Spordle/Hockey Canada is valid for this registration - Please do not create another user name and password.
- If you are registering for hockey for the first time please follow the instructions to create a Spordle account. Once complete you will need to register a new participant (you) by providing the info required under the new participant section.
- Please ensure to confirm ALL the information in Hockey Canada including your email address as this forms the basis of our communication with you.
- Hockey Alberta has mandated that all Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches that appear on the Team Sheet (also referred to as Roster or Hard Card) must have Respect in Sport Activity Leader. Please note that coaches are required to re-certify their Respect in Sport Activity Leader every 4 years.
- You cannot go on the ice or the bench for any reason until this course is completed and shows on your Hockey Canada File.
- Those that are on Team Rosters with the Hawks Athletic Club will be reimbursed the cost for the Respect in Sport Activity Leader online course.
- Respect in Sport Activity Leader is DIFFERENT than Respect in Sport Parent - if you are both a Parent and a Coach, you will have to do both.
- Please note that your coach registration on Hockey Canada does not mean you will be selected to coach. The coach selection committee will be selecting coaches.
NW Hawks Registration Tips:
- When you register your name, please register it exactly as you have given it to the Hawks Athletic Club.
- Do not abbreviate your first name (i.e., Josh instead of Joshua or Matt instead of Matthew).
- When asked to "associate yourself with an organization", please scroll through the list of names until you come to NW HAWKS.
- IMPORTANT: if you do the course with a name other than the one you used originally when you first registered in the Hockey Canada Registry, the course will not "attach itself" to your profile. You will have created a duplicate profile and will not match up to the original profile.
All coaches and assistant coaches that are rostered to a team MUST have a Police Information Check done (including the Vulnerable Sector Search Check). These are valid for a period of three years.